The Blizzard Careers team posted a brand-new job opening today for a World of Warcraft game producer. It is unknown if this job opening is for a new expansion, or to fill a vacant position. Recently, J. Allen Brack stepped down as Executive Producer to take the role of president of Blizzard Entertainment.
Current game producers (that I know of): Michael Bybee (senior), Terri Wellman, Calia Schie (senior), Ray Cobo (Lead), Daniel Stahl (lead), and Marcus Maczynski (senior).
Blizzard Careers is also looking for a new Production Director.
Champions of Alliance and Horde, heed our call! The World of Warcraft Development Team seeking to recruit a full-time Producer to help us continue to shape the future of Azeroth. We want someone that can collaborate with the best game developers in the world to turn our Titanforged ideas into reality.
In your role, your primary quest objective will be to partner with Department Leads and developers to establish timelines and coordinate the workload required to achieve our project goals/milestones. You will also be responsible for identifying risks and provide mitigation plans, as needed.
We’re a big team with a small team feel and have a very talented group of people that value respect, collaboration, and a passion for World of Warcraft. We strive to maintain a friendly workplace where creativity, teamwork and greatness bring to life the most critically acclaimed and iconic MMO franchise in the world.”
- Drive the completion of project goals and facilitate communication, organization, and accountability across all departments
- Own the development and communication of day-to-day tasking and scheduling
- Identify and communicate all roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals
- Help drive projects to completion by collaborating with team leadership.
- Empower teams
- Motivate and support your team to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved
- Help make informed decisions in conjunction with team leads on work methods, development pipeline, priorities, and available people
- 3+ years of game production experience
- Shipped at least 1 game
- Familiar with the game development process
- Ability to work with team leads and directors to align priorities
- Experience tracking a complex project and providing support to clear blocking issues
- Strong project and people management skills
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – the ability to make sense of the ambiguous
- Experience making MMOs
- JIRA and Confluence experience
- Experience producing cross-discipline teams