World of Warcraft Brazil Portuguese Coming 2011
SAO PAULO, Brazil. — July 21, 2011 — At an exclusive press event at the Museu da Casa Brasileira in São Paulotoday, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. announced that a fully localized Brazilian Portuguese version of its critically acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game, World of Warcraft®, will be released in Brazil later this year. Brazilian Portuguese will be the ninth officially supported language for World of Warcraft worldwide, and the third supported language in Latin America, complementing the existing English and Spanish versions.
An official Brazilian Portuguese World of Warcraft community website will also be available at launch.
In addition, players in Brazil will have access to customer service for the game in Brazilian Portuguese.
“One of our top priorities is ensuring that our games are easily accessible to players all around the world. By offering a fully localized version of World of Warcraft along with customer service in Brazilian Portuguese, we’re able to deliver an experience that meets our standards and the expectations of our players in Brazil,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO of Blizzard Entertainment. “We look forward to welcoming Brazilian gamers to the global World of Warcraft community, and we hope they have a great time in Azeroth.”
World of Warcraft, which now includes the content of thefirst expansion, The Burning Crusade®, as part of the base game, will be available in stores throughout Brazil at a suggested retail price of BRL 29.90. Fully localized versions of the second and third expansions, Wrath of the Lich King™ and Cataclysm™, will also be available at a suggested retail price of BRL 99.90 each. World of Warcraft, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm will come packaged in a DVD case and will include the game media and documentation in Brazilian Portuguese.
Existing players on the North American realms will be able to download and install a free language pack to play World of Warcraft in Brazilian Portuguese. In addition, Blizzard will be creating designated Brazilian Portuguese realms as an option for players who have installed the language pack or purchased the Brazilian Portuguese game client.
Subscription plans will be available at launch at an expected price of BRL 15 (30 days), BRL 42 (90 days), and BRL 78 (180 day). Sixty-day time cards will also be available in retail stores at launch.
Players will also have the option to purchase and download full Brazilian Portuguese versions of World of Warcraft and its expansions through Blizzard’s Battle.net website (http://us.battle.net/pt/), using international Visa or MasterCard, or by using various local debit cards, credit cards, cash payments, bank transfers, or eWallet options through Blizzard Entertainment’s payment-gateway partner, DineroMail, for no additional fee. These payment method options include Boleto Bancario in Brazil.
Additional pricing details and an official release date for the Brazilian Portuguese version of World of Warcraft will be announced closer to launch. For more information on World of Warcraft in Brazilian Portuguese, please visit: http://us.blizzard.com/pt-br/company/events/wow-brazil.html.
PORTUGUESE JOB OPENINGS
- Respond to customer inquiries and provide first contact resolution of customer issues via phone, chat, and email.
- Deliver timely and accurate responses to customer questions and requests.
- Take personal ownership of customer requests and maintain accountability for follow-through.
- Perform account maintenance, data entry, and order processing functions.
- Provide exceptional customer experience as measured through customer surveys.
- Provide proactive customer communication via phone, chat, or email when necessary.
- Maintain productivity levels that meet or exceed departmental goals for Tier I representatives.
- Display a professional, positive, and enthusiastic demeanor to employees and customers.
- Learn and review departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of Blizzard Entertainment internal information and customer/account information.
- Escalate and communicate any customer well-being issues.
- Escalate or refer issues beyond the scope of Tier I training and duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Portuguese
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts
- Previous call center or direct customer-facing experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of and passion for Blizzard Entertainment games
Apply for this job here.