The Mountain Dew Game Fuel Vanity Non-Combat Pet rumors seem to have been confirmed by a Mountain Dew representative at the official Game Fuel forums. Only US residents may redeem this special pet. You don’t need to buy Game Fuel nor earn any points. Simply register to the Game Fuel Promotion. The assumption is—that you will receive an email from Mountain Dew Game Fuel’s website with a code to redeem your pet within World of Warcraft MMO.
GameFuel_admin: In-game pet – I can’t say much about this yet, but the feature will be available in a few weeks. Anyone registered with the Game Fuel promotion and the owner of an active WoW account will be able to utilize the pet. It doesn’t matter if your emails are different between DEW and Blizzard.
The pet will be available in a few weeks and will be easy to access for anyone with a Game Fuel and Blizzard account. The rest of the speculation is half the fun. We can say, the theories on how it’s going to work are a little over-complicated for what will actually happen. The pet will be easy to access.
GameFuel_admin: The Pet will be free to users who register with the promotion and have a Blizzard account. You won’t have to use points for it.—source
Upper Deck Announces The Latest World of Warcraft Trading Card Game: Arena Grand Melee
Latest set Provides A New Way to Play the WoW TCG; just remember to bring candy, cell phones, relatives and lots of clothes!
North Las Vegas, NV (May 19, 2009)
In the latest issue of the World of Warcraft comic, on sale May 20, King Varian Wrynn and his son Prince Anduin finally return to Stormwind and celebrate the defeat of Onyxia. Meanwhile, Garona is interrogated by Jaina and Aegwynn, but at what cost? Check out the preview pages now!
If you like what you see, you can visit Wildstorm for more information, locate a nearby comic store, or subscribe to the series directly.
The developers want your feedback about each class and questions for the developers. Read first the patch notes to identify the changes introduced in patch 3.1.2. Play around your class once the live servers come back online, specially tonight when you go to Ulduar. Any bugs or suggestions should be posted at the following forum threads. Try not to create new threads about this topic. The developers will be reading all your feedback in these class specific threads.
More threads will be appearing in upcoming days and weeks. For now these are the class threads available:
|| Blizzard Quote:
||We are looking for community class questions and topics for a class Question & Answer series. Over the next few weeks, we will be posting in each of the class forums and discussing the latest high priority questions and topics the community has. We will then be compiling these questions and topics into a larger Question & Answer post to address as many of questions as possible. While we will be creating one post in each of the class forums to solicit questions and topics of interest, we will also be keeping a close eye on additional posts and discussions.
It is important to keep in mind that we have a schedule of classes we will be addressing and will be getting to each class individually over this period of time. Please note, this list is subject to change.
Our sister site, StarCraftWire.net, has a giveaway of three Blizzcon 2009 tickets that you could very well use to be among the fans that will experience StarCraft II and Diablo III gameplay on the game floor, and witness to any possible new game or expansion announcements.
Make haste and participate in the giveaway here. I will announce Blizzplanet’s Blizzcon tickets giveaway shortly. Stay tuned.
Patch 3.1.2 was released to the live realms today early in the morning. Remember you can now purchase faction mounts from the Argent Tournament Quartermasters for 5 Champion Seals and 500 gold. The Argent Hyppogryph was reduced to only 150 Champion Seals. Have fun with your rewards.
For a video tutorial on how to enable and use the Equipment Manager go here. Below you can read the latest patch notes:
The latest patch notes can always be found at
- Equipment Manager
- When enabled from the Interface Options menu, this feature will allow players to store sets of equipment, easily swap between saved sets using hotkeys, and pull items directly from backpacks or bank slots (must be at the bank to equip inventory from the bank).
- New art textures have been added for Argent Tournament mounts. Any mounts already purchased from the Argent Tournament vendors will be updated automatically. Argent Tournament mounts with the old textures will still be available for purchase from the Argent Tournament vendors for a small Champion’s Seal and gold cost (standard faction requirements apply).
- Copied Test Realm characters will no longer be copied with their achievement history in order to better facilitate the character copy process.
- Vehicle health and damage output in Strand of the Ancients and Lake Wintergrasp now scale with the item level of the operator’s gear. Power scaling is now 1% damage and 1% health per average item level.
- All Lake Wintergrasp daily quests have been changed to a weekly format. The honor and Stone Keeper’s Shards rewarded for completing these quests have been increased to compensate.
More after the break …
- Improved Death Strike: This talent now also increases the healing from Death Strike by 25/50% and the tooltip has been adjusted to reflect the actual functionality after the hotfix in 3.1.0.
- Ghoul Frenzy: Now has a 10-second cooldown.
- Innervate: This ability has been redesigned to grant 450% of the casting Druid’s base mana pool to the target over 20 seconds.
- Improved Moonkin Form: Now grants 10/20/30% of spirit as spell power.
- Mirror Images: The images summoned by this spell will now target the creature that most hates the Mage, and should no longer cast Fire Blast or Frostbolt on targets that are affected by crowd control debuffs that break immediately on damage unless they are already casting these spells when crowd control is applied.
- Blessing of Wisdom and Greater Blessing of Wisdom: Now grant 92 mana per 5 seconds to prevent being overwritten by Mana Spring Totem.
- Exorcism: Can no longer be used on player-controlled creatures.
- Divine Hymn: Healing and healing scaling reduced by 30%. Buff on affected players changed from 15% to 10%.
- Renewed Hope: Effect can no longer be dispelled.
- Soul Warding: Mana cost reduction is now 15% down from 30%.
- Conflagrate updated: Consumes an Immolate or Shadowflame effect on the enemy target to instantly deal damage equal to 12 seconds of your Immolate, or 8 seconds of your Shadowflame.
- Fire and Brimstone: Now increases the damage done by your Incinerate and Chaos Bolt by 3/6/9/12/15% on targets afflicted by Immolate, and increases the critical strike chance of your Conflagrate by 5/10/15/20/25%.
- Nether Protection reduced to 30% damage reduction, down from 60%.
- Sacrifice (Voidwalker) redesigned: Sacrifices a portion of the Voidwalker’s health, giving its master a shield that will absorb X damage for 30 seconds. While the shield holds, spell casting will not be interrupted by damage. 1-minute cooldown.
- Shadow and Flame: Now also includes Shadowburn.
- Juggernaut: Critical strike chance bonus reduced to 25%, down from 100%.
- Darkruned Battlegear 2-Piece Set Bonus: The bonus critical strike chance for Frost Strike and Death Coil has been increased from 5% to 8%.
- Furious Gladiator’s Staff and Furious Gladiator’s Greatstaff: The agility values on these two items were too high. They have been reduced by 50%.
- Glyph of Conflagrate redesigned: When you use Conflagrate, the damage done by your next 3 Destruction spells is increased by 10% for 15 seconds if the Immolate on the target has 5 or fewer seconds remaining.
- Glyph of Innervate: Has been adjusted to grant the Druid 90% of his or her base mana pool over 20 seconds.
- Glyph of Mass Dispel: Now only decreases Mass Dispel cost by 35%.
- Glyph of Rapid Charge: Reduced to 7%, down from 20% cooldown reduction to Charge.
- Guise of the Midgard Serpent: The base attack power on this item has been lowered to balance it against items of a similar quality.
- Increased the health and mana restored from Northrend food and drinks.
- Most scopes now have a level requirement and will bind the item to which they are applied.
- Nightsong Garb 4-Piece Set Bonus: Chance for Insect Swarm to trigger an instant Starfire changed to 15%.
- Scourgeborne Battlegear 4-Piece Set Bonus: The runic power gain has been reduced to 5 runic power from 10 runic power.
- Jewel of the Sewers: You can now fish in all parts of the Dalaran sewers for this quest.
- Phantom Ghostfish: Can now be caught from Nettlefish schools in Sholazar Basin.
- Death Knights
- Anti-magic Shell: Tooltip error corrected.
- Blood Boil: If no target is available for Blood Boil to hit, the spell will now cast and consume a blood rune but generate no runic power.
- Maim: Rank 2 of this ability is properly considered a stun and can be escaped by Blink.
- Go For The Throat: Explosive Shot critical strikes now trigger this talent.
- Lock and Load: The tooltip has been corrected to display its actual chance to occur.
- Rabid: This Hunter pet talent no longer lists a percentage chance to be triggered, as that chance varies by the attack speed of the pet.
- Divine Sacrifice: Damage done to the Paladin while this is active will no longer cause the effect to break early, and if it is dispelled or cancelled early, the damage counter will reset correctly the next time the spell is cast.
- Shadow Dance: Issues with action bars and ability use arising from using Stealth while Shadow Dance is active have been fixed.
- Tricks of the Trade: To prevent exploits, this ability can no longer be cast on non-player targets.
- Demonic Sacrifice: This spell will no longer appear in any Warlock’s spellbook.
- Swordguard Embroidery: Now correctly increases ranged attack power.
- Dungeons and Raids
- Players can no longer become saved to an instance when they aren’t in the instance during a boss kill.
- Hodir should now reset in a timely manner if a group fails to kill him.
- 10-player bosses that drop Runed Orbs will also sometimes drop the recipes that use those orbs.
- The Spark of Imagination: Characters that release in part of the boss room will no longer be ported to Westfall or The Barrens.
Share the excitement Warcraft lore fans. The aftermath of the Nexus War, left the world of Azeroth without its magic-warder … Malygos the Dragon Aspect of Magic is no more. It is up to mortals to take the mantle and to be the main line of defense against any threat looming the horizon.
|| Blizzard Quote:
||The new Council of Tirisfal is formed! Med
Xoxide is proud to kick off the summer season with the launch of its latest contest, the World of Warcraft Video Contest. Contestants will submit entries in three separate video categories that pay tribute to the legendary Blizzard game. The categories will include LARP
Richard A. Knaak started a special giveaway to fans of World of Warcraft. You may have a shot at getting one of three World of Warcraft: Night of the Dragon or WarCraft Legends Vol. 4.
Read the transcript of our recent live chat with Richard A. Knaak concerning NIGHT OF THE DRAGON.
Knaak: Now is your chance to win a free, autographed copy of either Night of the Dragon or WarCraft Legends Vol. 4! Simply join my email list and include your handle, town, and state (country if you
The Ghostcrawler is on aggro-mode folks, be very careful not to ever use your Totem-Stomping Macro. There is no telling what a GM might do if you are caught. Blizzard is going to nerf the ability to auto-target totems to destroy them in a future patch.—source
|| Blizzard Quote:
Blizzard does not like the gameplay of totem-stopping macros and we intend to stop it. Destroying a totem should be a viable strategy but it should be a choice and require some effort on the part of the destroyer. Making a macro to have your pet attack the totem without having to target the totem first does not in our minds constitute enough effort.
This will require a technical change that we don’t have in place yet. We will announce when we are making that change when we know for sure that the change is going live.