Today, Chapter 3 of Warcraft Legends Vol. 1 is available: How to Win Friends—by Dan Jolley. (47 pages). Watch on the media player below.
On March 17, Warcraft: Legends Vol. 3 goes on sale in bookstores everywhere. To celebrate, TOKYOPOP is sponsoring a FREE Warcraft: Legends marathon! Eight stories in eight days—just enough time to get hyped up for the next installment of Warcraft Legends.
And while you’re checking out these stories, make sure you check out the Warcraft: Legends Vol. 3 Preview HERE.
I will provide a link to each Marathon day everyday to make it easier for you to find them. This is a real nice touch by TOKYOPOP to let you read these for free.
Warcraft: Legends Volume 1
Friday, March 6: Fallen by Richard A. Knaak & Jae-Hwan Kim (Available)
Monday, March 9: The Journey by Troy Lewter, Mike Wellman & Mi-Young No
Tuesday, March 10: How to Win Friends by Carlos Olivares
Wednesday, March 11: An Honest Trade by Troy Lewter & Nam Kim
Warcraft: Legends Volume 2
Thursday, March 12: Fear by Richard A. Knaak & Jae-Hwan Kim
Friday, March 13: Warrior: Divided by Grace Randolph & Erie
Monday, March 16: Miles to Go by Dan Jolley & Elisa Kwon
Tuesday, March 17: Family Values by Aaron Sparrow & In-Bae Kim
The WoW Developers have applied very welcome fixes to the Ring of Valor Arena that will allow players to reduce their damage taken during fear or roots. The flame wall was an exploitable mechanic for druids who would root players at the right moment and place to cause players to get flame wall damage without the ability to move away from it. Fear could also cause players to take excessive damage with Flame Wall.
Now players can start fighting as soon as the elevator reaches to the top. The gates that used to surround the elevator have been removed.
- The flame wall in the Ring of Valor arena will now be able to break spells like fear and roots after a player takes damage.
- The gates in the Ring of Valor arena have been removed so players are now free to begin combat as soon as the elevators reach the floor of the arena.
- We modified the small side pillars in the Ring of Valor arena to start in the up position instead of rising up a few seconds after the start of the match.
Custom Printed Character Figures Expand Availability into Europe
REDMOND, Wash.—(BUSINESS WIRE)—FigurePrints LLC, in partnership with Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., has announced today that its innovative FigurePrints
I rarely post news outside the Blizzard games scope, but I thought this one was very interesting to share with Mac and Linux Blizzard gamers. Codeweaver—developer of the CrossOver Games—announced their roadmap for 2009 highlighted by their support of DirectX 10 right out of the box.—Full Article.
We’ve just shipped a lot of those ‘under the hood’ improvements for games out in CrossOver Games 7.2. We’re really pushing Direct X 9 support pretty far along, and getting ready to move on Direct X 10.
In the next few months, we’ll be shipping CrossOver Linux 8.0, and CrossOver Mac 8.0. That revision of our flagship product will bring support for IE7, modern QuickBooks versions, Quicken 2009 (at a nice speed), Photoshop CS3, and many many other improvements, particularly around Microsoft Office and specifically Outlook. —via Slashdot
The WorldofWar.net winners are now announced. Watch the video to find out who won the World of Warcraft: Arthas, Rise of the Lich King galleys. This video shows you the box full of books that I will be shipping in upcoming days to all winners around the world—courtesy of Simon & Schuster, Inc and Blizzard Entertainment. You will be able to read this book nearly a month earlier. Those who wish to purchase the book, it will be on bookstores on April 21.
Added the Deadly Gladiator Priest PvP Set obtainable from the Emblem of Conquest Quartermaster in PTR 3.1. The most attractive piece of the Investiture and Rainment sets is the gloves—Equip: Reduces the cooldown of your Psychic Scream ability by 3 sec. Both sets have a (2) pieces bonus: +50 Resilence rating; and the (4) Pieces bonus Reduces the duration of the Weakened Soul effect caused by your Power Word: Shield by 2 sec.
The Gladiator’s Investiture set offers:
227 Spirit (plus 16 spirit socket bonus)
452 Spell Power (plus 7 spell power socket bonus)
271 Resilience (plus 6 resilence rating socket bonus and plus 50+ resilience with 2 set pieces)
Meta socket x 1
Red socket x 3
Blue socket x 2
Yellow socket x 2
The Gladiator’s Raiment set offers:
515 Stamina (plus 15 Stamina socket bonus)
452 Spell Power (plus 12 Spell Power socket bonus)
227 Critical Strike Rating
271 Resilience (plus 8 Resilience rating socket bonus)
Meta socket x 1
Red socket x 3
Blue socket x 2
Yellow socket x 2
TOKYOPOP released part 2 of the Warcraft Legends Marathon allowing you to read Vol. 1’s story: The Journey by Troy Lewter—for free—in celebration of their upcoming Warcraft Legends Vol. 3. Get back tomorrow for the next story.
Thanks everyone for participating in this Blizzplanet’s giveaway. The World of Warcraft: Arthas, Rise of the Lich King galleys given away are a courtesy of Simon & Schuster, Inc and Blizzard Entertainment. The fortunate winners of this great novel are:
You still have a slight chance at getting one of these ARTHAS galleys at our sister site WorldofWar.net where I am giving away ten more. The WorldofWar.net giveaway ends tomorrow Monday, March 9th. So get going and participate there too.
Do you remember our recent Ulduar Exploring PTR 3.1 Coverage video? You know how tall is the Prison of Yogg-Saron from the upper level where the broken crystal dome is … down to where the icy pool is. It is very high. Well, we teleported to the Antechamber of Ulduar, I was walking alongside some players to open the door that leads to that hub chamber … and my, oh my! A sight froze us as something that wasn’t there before covered the whole screen … watching at us with a threatening look.
Behold Kologarn … a massive bonafide … Titan? This is by far the tallest boss in World of Warcraft, except maybe for Kil’jaeden. Probably taller than that Scourge robot roaming Zul’Drak.
The most notorious thing about this boss is that his hands are tagged as separate objects: Left Arm and Right Arm.
The boss has a few abilities under his arsenal:
- Stone Grip: You will see onscreen a message: Kologarn casts Stone Grip. You can also listen to a voice emote: “I will squeeze the life from you!”. After this emote, he grabs a random player in his left arm. This does over 3700 physical damage to the affected target every second. Keep a healer keeping this target alive at all times. All DPS must be diverted to his left hand to make him release the player before he kills his victim.
- Overhead Smash: He does around 8000 melee damage and decreases armor by 25% for 30 sec. It would be good to have some +Armor potions/elixirs to compensate.
- Shockwave: When he yells: “Oblivion!!!” he casts an instant AOE causing nature damage to everyone in the party. On plate it hit me for 9547 damage. If a hunter keeps nature buff up on everyone, this helps a lot. With nature buff, I got hit for 6867 damage (1768 resisted). Keep everyone at full health at all times. This can kill a few players that are at half-health.
- Petrifying Breath: Inflicts between 18000 to 21000 nature damage every 1 sec and increases damage taken by 20% for 8 sec. Don’t stand in front of Kologarn to avoid his breath.
- Focused Eye-beam: You will hear a voice emote: KOL’TARISH. Shortly after, Kologarn shoots an eye-beam at a random target [usually a healer]. This eye-beam has two streams at the beginning. That’s your queue to start running away. Once the two streams unite into a single beam, it will chase the player across the ground for approximately 5 seconds, then he stops casting and it vanishes. As you may watch in the video below, I was panicking each time it was casted on me.
From observation, it does 2384 nature damage (615 resisted) per tick. If staying still doesn’t kill you, a healer should be assigned to keep the tank healer alive at all costs. In theory, the tank healer can stand still spamming heals on the tank and off-tank when the eye-beam is set on the tank-healer. Here concentration aura could do well. The only issue is that right after the eye-beam he casts Oblivion (6,000-9547 damage) which could kill the tank-healer.