Encounter Journal: Firelands – Baleroc the Gatekeeper
Baleroc earned a reputation as a merciless combatant during the elemental wars of ancient Azeroth. Now that he is confined to the Firelands, Baleroc’s sanity has dwindled. Few elementals dare disturb him, fearful that they will become victim to his battle lust.
Blaze of Glory: Baleroc’s assault periodically awakens a burning spark within his primary damage taken by 20%, but also raising their maximum health by 20%. Every time Baleroc applies Blaze of Glory, he gains an application of Incendiary Soul, increasing Fire damage done by 20%.
Incendiary Soul: Every time Baleroc applies Blaze of Glory, he gains an application of Incendiary Soul, increasing Fire damage done by 20%.
Shards of Torment: Baleroc summons a crystal amongst his foes, which continually channel a shadowy beam on the player that is nearest to them.
- Torment: Deals 3677 Shadow damage per application to the nearest player, stacking once per second.
- Tormented: When Torment fades from a player, they are afflicted by the Tormented effect, which increases Shadow damage taken by 250% and reduces healing done by 75% for 40 sec.
- Wave of Torment: If there are no players within 15 yards of a Shard of Torment, the Shard pulses this effect, dealing 15759 Shadow damage each second to all players.
- Vital Spark: If a player casts a direct heal on someone who is being damaged by Torment, the healer gains an application of Vital Spark for each stack of Torment on the target. Casting a single-target direct heal on a target affected by Blaze of Glory will trigger Vital Flame, increasing healing done on such targets by 2% per stack of Vital Spark, lasting for 15 sec.
- Vital Flame: Increases healing done to targets affected by Blaze of Glory by 2% per stack of Vital Spark consumed to create this effect, lasting for 15 sec. When Vital Flame expires, it restores the Vital Spark stacks that were consumed to create the effect.
Blades of Baleroc: Baleroc will periodically empower one of his blades with Shadow or Fire energy, and wield it alone for 15 sec.
- Decimation Blade: Baleroc’s melee strikes deal Shadow damage equal to 94% of the target’s maximum health, instead of their normal physical damage. This damage cannot be resisted or mitigated by normal means. The time between Baleroc’s attacks is increased by 100% while this effect is active.
- Inferno Blade: Baleroc’s melee strikes deal 84047 Fire damage to the target, instead of their normal physical damage, while this effect is active.