Warcraft III Patch 1.27a Released
Blizzard Entertainment released a new patch for Warcraft III. It is a big deal considering Warcraft III hasn’t been patched since 2011.
This new patch adds support for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. New installer for Mac OSX 10.10 and 10.11. In addition, a welcomed 1920 x 1080 resolution in the options-Video tab, but lacking widescreen support. Looks stretched.
You may download the patch manually here.
Today we will be deploying 1.27a for Warcraft III. As with Diablo II, this patch focuses on modern system compatibility. It’s exciting to bring some additional support to another core Blizzard game, and we thank you for your encouragement and patience as we continue working behind the scenes on these types of updates.
Please be aware that while we are working on a balance change and new map pool, that work is still in progress and is not part of this patch. We’ll have further details on that as development progresses.
Specific Changes & Improvements
- Throw away that old PowerPC Mac in the closet, we’ve created a new installer to support Mac 10.10 and 10.11
- Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- Fixed a crash caused by Chain Lightning
- Windows 8.1 and 10 saved games are still stored in a location that requires running as system admin
- Some graphical issues with the cinematics are still occurring
- Changes to gamma settings will not take effect in windowed mode
- Cyrillic characters are still not displaying
- Disabled ambient sound while a MIDI issue is being resolved
- Mac 10.9 and earlier are not supported
- Mac build does not support the editor