PTR 3.1 Ulduar XT-002 Deconstructor
The XT-002 Deconstructor boss can be found at the Scrapyard in Ulduar. He uses an altered version of the Void Walker model. If that doesn’t chill your spine, with the dread memories, nothing will. He has a very funny movement sub-routine: after he patrols back and forth, he will stand by the stairs to do exercises. To get ready to pull, wait until he moves either to the left or right side. Then move all your players to the center. The tank must pull him and position him on top of the stairs by its center. The farthest he is from the scrapyard piles the better.
All players must stand together, stacking on top of each other. This boss is like Tempest Keep: The Eye’s High Astromancer Solarian. Players need to wake up and be alert if they don’t want their leader yelling and cussing. This video had to be slightly edited for that reason (for lack of options to edit sound). When Deconstructor casts Light Bomb, you will be visibly surrounded by a yellowish glow that flashes every tick. Easy to see. It will cause up to 3000 damage to all nearby players within 10 yards for 9 seconds. The player must run either left or right, then return to where the players are stacking at.
At random, a player will be affected by Gravity Bomb. This one is very, very important to be alert with. It is an irregular-shaped purplish bubble surrounding the target, and after a short length of time it will attract all nearby players to the target and explode for up to 21000 damage. This is pretty much overkill for most cloth and leather class players, including holy paladins.
The one ability healers need to be alert with is the Tympanic Tantrum (Earthquake) which causes a lot of damage over time, and will kill anyone that is low in health. Healers need to know when to cast AOE heals, that includes Paladins. Holy Light is a mild AOE heal. Use it. Priests should spam AOE heals. Shamans should focus chain heal, and everyone else should place HOTs on everyone they can.
When Phase two kicks in, Deconstructor will stop all attacks and stand still. You will see huge sparks coming off him, and landing far away to each of the four scrapyard piles. A bunch of bots will spawn ranging three types of bots. The first target range players need to kill are obviously the bomb shaped ones: XE-321 Boombot. These can do up to 13000 damage to all nearby players.
However, the ones you should also watch out for—make sure you assign players to take care of them—are the XS-013 Scrapbots. These will merge with Deconstructor, healing him. You really don’t want this to happen. As you will see in our video, the raid players were close to kill him after 11 minutes, but he went into enrage mode wiping us. If these Scrapbots heal him, you better call it and reset to save time, because most likely he will enrage. The phases are rinse and repeat until he dies. Train your guild players to take care of the boombots and scrapbots, and to run when they should during Light Bomb and Gravity Bomb, and this boss will surely be cake. Just needs coordination.
XT-002 Deconstructor abilities:
- Gravity Bomb: Charges the target with dark energy (the gravity well), causing them to explode and pull in nearby allies after 9 sec. This sucks people in, so stay away from others! It creates Gravity Well on the player: This pulls various players within 10 yards and deals up to 21000 damage.
- Light Bomb: Charges the target with divine energy, causing them to sear nearby allies for 9 sec. Inflicts up to 3000 damage per tick to nearby allies.
- Tympanic Tantrum: Deals 10% damage every 1 sec for 12 sec. Nearby enemies are also dazed for the duration. This is an earthquake effect when he punches his fists onto the ground.
On phase two he stops attacking and you will see big sparks launching off him toward the four scrap piles in the area. This will spawn three types of mobs in large numbers.:
- XS-013 Scrapbot: These must be killed soon before they reach the boss. They are absorbed by the boss to repair itself.
- XM-024 Pummeler: They do the least damage, causing 2000 damage with Arcing Smash.
- XE-321 Boombot: These must be your primary target. Need to be max dps’ed. Otherwise they inflict up to 13000 damage to all nearby players.