The latest Warcraft III: Reforged patch introduces balance changes to few units of all races and changes to neutral units and Mercenary Camps. Many item updates too.Read More
The Balance Updates mentioned in the recent Developer Update are now on the Warcraft III: Reforged PTR servers available for testing.
The Patch Notes is very extensive covering all changes done to units of each race; as well as changes made to Neutral units like the Beastmaster, Pit Lord, Firelord, Naga Sea Witch, and variety of Blue dragons; Mercenary Camps update across several maps; Items and the new Map Pool Rotation.
There were a few balance bug fixes and a specific user interface change for team-colored healthbars. — sourceRead More
The latest Warcraft III: Reforged developer update reveals what Blizzard plans to do in upcoming patches.
Their main focus right now is to fix desync issues, and balance updates. The PTR will launch this week to test balance updates.
Things coming soon to Warcraft III: Reforged:
- Improved Matchmaking
- Ranked Ladders System
- Custom Campaigns
Toward the end of the developer update, the team says they will provide a roadmap for future releases. Keep an eye for that.Read More
Blizzard Entertainment deployed a new patch, adding many new graphic assets to the game. Check out the patch notes.
WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES
- All Melee units and buildings have received a team color polish pass to increase vibrancy and gameplay readability.
- Female Demon Hunter scaled up to match closer with Male Demon Hunter’s silhouette.
- Waterfall changed to use Replaceable Textures. Its tint automatically adjusts in game based on the map tileset.
- Visual effect used for the first stage of buildings damage changed from smoke to fire for better readability.
- Adjusted fire visual effects placements on the Townhall, Keep, and Castle for added readability during their damaged states.
- Northrend Trees have been updated to match Classic visuals. There are now four visually distinctive tree wall sets:
- Northrend Icy Tree Wall
- Northrend Tree Wall
- Snowy Tree Wall
- Scorched Tree Wall
- Footprints have been updated for the following groups:
- Trolls have their own unique footprint.
- Undead units with missing footprints are now fixed.
- Vehicles now have continuous rolling footprint.
- Fixed an issue with the Female Demon Hunter’s hero icon appearing incorrectly when disabled while in Demon form.
- Tuskarr Trapper now throws his own spear when attacking.
- Portrait animations have been updated for the following units: Peasant, Sorceress, High Elf, Lich, Dreadlord, Balnazzar, Mal’ganis, Keeper of the Grove, Night Elf Runner, Cenarius, Illidan (Demon Form), Tree of Life, Tree of Ages, Tree of Eternity, and their corrupted counterparts.
- Reduced Violence updates:
- Female Death Knight updated with correct visual effects for spell casting.
- Ogre Magi no longer disappears in the middle of its attack animations.
- Single Player mode has been re-enabled. This can be accessed from its own Create Games section in the Main Menu.
- Fixed multiple crashes on custom games such as Custom Hero Survival.
- Several fixes have been applied to Instance API natives related to unit attacks.
- Blizzard.j and common.j are no longer considered when computing save checksums.
- The “Export All” option in the Asset Manager now functions correctly.
- Destructibles flagged as “Walkable” no longer cause desyncs between Classic and Reforged.
- Reforged Troll mercenary unit selection circles are now smaller and more aligned with Classic.
- All Neutral unit selection circles now properly match the Reforged unit models.
- Creep camps are easier to see on the minimap.
- Permanent morphing units, such as the Obsidian Statue, will no longer briefly display their disabled morph ability icon while transforming.
- Game lighting adjusted to improve Reforged readability and colors.
- Doom Guards now have the correct sound effects for their air and ground attacks.
- Forest, Dark, and Ice Troll Trappers will no longer play the Berserk sound effect when casting Ensnare in Reforged mode.
- Alchemist facial animations and acknowledgement sounds updated.
- Flesh Golem facial animations and acknowledgement sounds updated.
- Sepia tone backgrounds in Classic mode have been reverted.
- The “Use Command Button for Hotkeys” on Mac now functions as expected.
The latest Warcraft III: Reforged hotfix (126.96.36.19983) addresses 2 issues with custom maps and one with melee maps. The patch is about 1.2GB in size.
This is a fairly big patch for a small hotfix, which makes me wonder if some data has been dumped in this build in preparation for some of the missing features that weren’t available at launch — later in an upcoming patch. Time will tell.
Some of the missing features, but not all: Clans, Ladder, and Cross-region play.
This is what Blizzard said a few weeks ago:
“As with Remastered, leaderboards, clans, and other features will be included in a major patch for Reforged, which will also address the issue for players of the original game. We’ll share release plans as work progresses in the coming weeks-please be assured that the team is hard at work on standing these features up.”
- Fixed an issue with customized spells that was crashing some popular custom maps.
- Resolved an issue with Banewood Bog and Banewood Bog_LV that caused the wrong melee data to be used in gameplay.
- Banewood Bog_LV is added back to the 4v4 Versus map pool.
- Fixed an issue with item stacking that impacted some popular custom maps.
Community manager Kaivax posted the latest Warcraft III: Reforged patch notes which addresses a wide range of issues.
Just a quick note to let everyone know that we have a dedicated team here focused on Warcraft III. Alongside our continued efforts to bring monthly patches with bug fixes and quality of life changes, the team is prioritizing delivering features like Ranked Ladders, Profiles, Clans, and Custom Campaigns. We’ll continue to share more details as those features are nearing release, but know we’re here and hard at work on the game.
Blizzard Entertianment deployed a 1.5GB patch to address bugs in the Campaign and Custom Games.
Changes and Bug Fixes
- Audio levels for some dialogue have been adjusted.
- The animations, triggers, and cameras for some cutscenes have been tweaked.
- Fixed multiple campaign missions that had units appear invisible.
- Multiple inventory issues have been fixed for the Rexxar campaign.
- Fixed multiple bugs throughout the Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne Campaigns
- Updated the cutscene cinematic panel to transition cleanly between conversations.
- Fixed issues making Twilight of the Gods in the Reforged campaign easier to complete than intended.
- Tyrande’s inventory will no longer be absent on the Daughters of the Moon and The Awakening of Stormrage missions in the Classic campaign.
- Fixed multiple missing assets that were impacting Custom Games.
- The Custom Games list has been updated to better optimize searching.
- Fixed an issue where if a player quit multiple games and switched graphic settings, the user would get a “Match Found” but the game wouldn’t start.
- The Female Demon Hunter now uniquely metamorphosizes to her own model.
- Fixed an issue with Tranquil Paths where creeps were invisible.
- Updated the Firelord’s Incinerate ability icon in Reforged. It can still be auto-cast as normal.
- Guardian Golem now has an auto-attack impact sound.
- Fixed an issue where the Blademaster was immune to non-magic abilities like Ensnare while using the Bladestorm ability.
- Lady Vashj has a small update to her head to address her human ears.
- Succubus models are now visually distinct.
- Fixed an issue where new Reforged death sounds were playing in Classic Mode.
- Three maps have been temporarily removed from their respective map pools due to instability: Ruins of Stratholme (3v3), Banewood Bog LV (4v4), and Fountain of Manipulation (FFA). They may return once the issue has been resolved.
- Players are now able to leave the matchmaking queue in versus mode.
- Fixed an issue with team members entering a broken state when cancelling queue while the team is disbanded.
- When a player leaves a match, remaining players no longer receive the additional message “Blizzard has left the game.”
- Transitioning from cinematics to a mission no longer briefly displays campaign selection.
- Battletags now consistently show for team invites in the user interface.
- Map Vetos now save for Versus FFA Mode.
- Ultra-Widescreen is now a viable option in the options menu.
- The Grid Hotkey option now works correctly for campaign and hero units.
- Multiple localization fixes for text, subtitles, and truncation have been addressed in campaign and online play.
- Added Squelching to chat channel functionality.
- Fixed multiple portrait issues with units in both campaign and online play.
- Fixed an issue where melee-only abilities were showing up as hidden in the editor when using custom data.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while playing campaign, versus, or custom games with the ‘Low’ texture setting.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in systems with a high number of logical processors.