The latest Warcraft III: Reforged patch introduces balance changes to few units of all races and changes to neutral units and Mercenary Camps. Many item updates too.
The Balance Updates mentioned in the recent Developer Update are now on the Warcraft III: Reforged PTR servers available for testing.
The Patch Notes is very extensive covering all changes done to units of each race; as well as changes made to Neutral units like the Beastmaster, Pit Lord, Firelord, Naga Sea Witch, and variety of Blue dragons; Mercenary Camps update across several maps; Items and the new Map Pool Rotation.
There were a few balance bug fixes and a specific user interface change for team-colored healthbars. — source
The latest Warcraft III: Reforged developer update reveals what Blizzard plans to do in upcoming patches.
Their main focus right now is to fix desync issues, and balance updates. The PTR will launch this week to test balance updates.
Things coming soon to Warcraft III: Reforged:
- Improved Matchmaking
- Ranked Ladders System
- Custom Campaigns
Toward the end of the developer update, the team says they will provide a roadmap for future releases. Keep an eye for that.
Blizzard Entertainment deployed a new patch, adding many new graphic assets to the game. Check out the patch notes.
WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES
- All Melee units and buildings have received a team color polish pass to increase vibrancy and gameplay readability.
- Female Demon Hunter scaled up to match closer with Male Demon Hunter’s silhouette.
- Waterfall changed to use Replaceable Textures. Its tint automatically adjusts in game based on the map tileset.
- Visual effect used for the first stage of buildings damage changed from smoke to fire for better readability.
- Adjusted fire visual effects placements on the Townhall, Keep, and Castle for added readability during their damaged states.
- Northrend Trees have been updated to match Classic visuals. There are now four visually distinctive tree wall sets:
- Northrend Icy Tree Wall
- Northrend Tree Wall
- Snowy Tree Wall
- Scorched Tree Wall
- Footprints have been updated for the following groups:
- Trolls have their own unique footprint.
- Undead units with missing footprints are now fixed.
- Vehicles now have continuous rolling footprint.
- Fixed an issue with the Female Demon Hunter’s hero icon appearing incorrectly when disabled while in Demon form.
- Tuskarr Trapper now throws his own spear when attacking.
- Portrait animations have been updated for the following units: Peasant, Sorceress, High Elf, Lich, Dreadlord, Balnazzar, Mal’ganis, Keeper of the Grove, Night Elf Runner, Cenarius, Illidan (Demon Form), Tree of Life, Tree of Ages, Tree of Eternity, and their corrupted counterparts.
- Reduced Violence updates:
- Female Death Knight updated with correct visual effects for spell casting.
- Ogre Magi no longer disappears in the middle of its attack animations.
- Single Player mode has been re-enabled. This can be accessed from its own Create Games section in the Main Menu.
- Fixed multiple crashes on custom games such as Custom Hero Survival.
- Several fixes have been applied to Instance API natives related to unit attacks.
- Blizzard.j and common.j are no longer considered when computing save checksums.
- The “Export All” option in the Asset Manager now functions correctly.
- Destructibles flagged as “Walkable” no longer cause desyncs between Classic and Reforged.
- Reforged Troll mercenary unit selection circles are now smaller and more aligned with Classic.
- All Neutral unit selection circles now properly match the Reforged unit models.
- Creep camps are easier to see on the minimap.
- Permanent morphing units, such as the Obsidian Statue, will no longer briefly display their disabled morph ability icon while transforming.
- Game lighting adjusted to improve Reforged readability and colors.
- Doom Guards now have the correct sound effects for their air and ground attacks.
- Forest, Dark, and Ice Troll Trappers will no longer play the Berserk sound effect when casting Ensnare in Reforged mode.
- Alchemist facial animations and acknowledgement sounds updated.
- Flesh Golem facial animations and acknowledgement sounds updated.
- Sepia tone backgrounds in Classic mode have been reverted.
- The “Use Command Button for Hotkeys” on Mac now functions as expected.
The next morning, within the subterranean Barrow Deeps of Mount Hyjal…
Two days later, deep in the Winterspring Valley…
The next day, near the outskirts of the sacred Moonglade…
Three hours later, somewhere in the foothills of Mount Hyjal…
With the heroic sacrifice of Grommash Hellscream, the pit lord Mannoroth was slain, and the demon curse that had plagued the orcs was put to an end. However, the combined human and orc forces have moved deeper into Ashenvale Forest to ascertain whether a demonic threat still lingers in the land.
Tyrande Whisperwind, the leader of the night elf Sentinels, believes that the outlanders will bring only doom to her enchanted homeland.
Three days later, near the edge of the Barrens…