Warcraft III Invitational on Feb 27 and PTR 1.29
Blizzard Entertainment officially announced the Warcraft III Invitationals will take place through February 27-28 with the participation of several Warcraft III competitors from Asia and Europe. Speculation is the Warcraft III: Remastered might be unveiled, but thus far, Blizzard Entertainment hasn’t made any announcements about that.
Still, it is worth nothing that we interviewed Classic Games Team’s Brian Sousa at BlizzCon 2017, and he responded our question about upcoming Remastered games. Warcraft III: Remastered and Diablo II: Remastered are the top in priority at the pipeline. Older games will follow once those two have been launched.
BRIAN: Of course we have talked about what’s next for the Classic Games team. Those kinds of things: bringing back Warcraft 1, Warcraft II, Warcraft III, Diablo 1, Diablo II… you know, everything that we have is technically open to doing so.
What we are focusing now is actually the games that we know are still being played by a lot of people: Warcraft III and Diablo II. Getting those up onto the modern Battle.net platform. Making sure that their experience with those games that are still being played work well with all of our other titles, and still have the same amount of love that we get to all of our new titles.
Over 15 years since the release of Reign of Chaos, Warcraft III has a new major patch coming and your favorite players are throwing the first Warcraft III Invitational to celebrate it!
Hosted by casters Neo and Remo of Back2Warcraft, join us on February 27 and February 28 on Twitch for a slew of special events, including Free-for-All, 4v4’s, and other friendly competitions. Well-known Warcraft III competitors from around the world will be getting together live at Blizzard HQ to showcase their talents in friendly competition!
We love and continue to support our Warcraft III community, and we’re excited to see classic competitors like Manuel “Grubby” Schenkhuizen, Park “Lyn” Joon, and Kim “ReMinD” Sung Sik try out all the new PTR changes for themselves—including balance adjustments to many heroes, widescreen support, and more – all playable now on the PTR!
Be sure to tune in for your own sneak peek and check out our PTR patch notes for more information.
• Neo [Observer] Germany
• Remo [Observer] Germany
• Happy [Undead] Russia
• Foggy [Night Elf] Ukraine
• HawK [Human] Russia
• Effect [Human] Sweden
• ReMinD [Night Elf] South Korea
• Lyn [Orc] China
• FoCuS [Orc] South Korea
• LawLiet [Night Elf] South Korea
• Grubby [Orc] Netherlands
• MaDFroG [Undead] Sweden
• Insomnia [Human] Bulgaria
• Tak3r [Orc] Germany
The Warcraft III PTR 1.29 is now available for download. It offers Widescreen support and 24-player support in custom games.
Hail Warchiefs, Lichs, Commanders, and Keepers,
Warcraft III’s PTR is back and ready for your scrutiny. Join us in testing widescreen support, hero balance changes, and updates to Map Pools for 1’s, 2’s, 3’s, 4’s and Free-for-All. We’ve also added some experimental modes like 24 player support for custom games.
We hope you enjoy. We will be watching here for general feedback, the Editor thread for mapmaker feedback, and the Balance & Map Pool thread for that topic (details below).
Specific Changes & Improvements
- Added bookends to the in-game interface
- Added black pillars in menus to prevent stretching
24 Player Support
- Game lobbies revised to support 24 players
- Team colors revised and expanded
- Color selection is an ongoing effort, feel free to leave specific suggestions with color codes
Balance & Map Pools
- Head here for details and focused discussion: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762006793#1
World Editor Upgrades
- Head here for details and focused discussion: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20761976724#1
- Clans may now be created
- Mac clients launch on 10.11 and beyond
- Unable to change resolutions in native fullscreen
- PTR only supports English version of the client
- This will be the last version to support Windows XP
- The Mac PTR client requires manually running the launcher to patch