Blizzard Entertainment posted today a preview of the Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag’har Orcs featuring their racial traits, and mounts; what classes you can obtain at the character creation screen. I recently posted video of the creation screen options for male and female of both races. I recommend to watch it.
All my recent Battle for Azeroth Alpha and Beta videos have been played as a Dark Iron Dwarf. Check out our YouTube page and subscribe.
Good allies are hard to find, but don’t worry—we’ve got you covered in Battle for Azeroth. Meet two new Allied Races that will become available over the course of your adventures in the new expansion, the Dark Iron dwarves and Mag’har orcs, and learn a bit about the racial traits currently in development.
Alliance: Dark Iron Dwarves
Known for their fiery tempers and fierce determination, Dark Iron dwarves have a turbulent history with the other clans. A failed coup in Ironforge ignited the War of the Three Hammers, and many of the Dark Iron once fought in the service of Ragnaros the Firelord. Though one faction is pledged to Queen-Regent Moira Thaurissan, others refuse to stand alongside their kin. The Alliance seeks a united Dark Iron clan to harness the power of Azerite and aid their struggle against the Horde.
- Fireblood: Dark Iron dwarves can empower themselves and purge debuffs afflicting them.
- Dungeon Delver: Their time spent in the depths lets Dark Iron dwarves move faster while indoors.
- Mass Production: Dark Iron dwarves have increased Blacksmithing skill and can craft faster.
- Mole Machine: These digging devices can transport their masters to new locations.
- Forged in Flames: Dark Iron dwarves take reduced Physical damage.
Learn more about Moira and the Dark Iron in our previously released stories:
- Fault Lines by Matt Burns and Ludo Lullabi (comic)
- The Council of Three Hammers: Fire and Iron by Matt Burns (short story)
- The Jade Hunters by Matt Burns (short story)
Horde: Mag’har Orc
For untold generations, the orc clans of Draenor battled one another in endless war. But when Gul’dan offered them the blood of his demonic masters, the disparate tribes of Mag’har—the orcish word for “uncorrupted”—refused the dark bargain and banded together to drive out the Burning Legion. United under the leadership of Grommash Hellscream, the Mag’har pledged to one day repay Azeroth’s heroes for aiding their cause. As war against the Alliance intensifies, the Horde must call upon the might of the Mag’har to seize victory.
- Ancestral Call: Mag’har orcs can call upon the powers of their ancestors to assist in battle.
- Open Skies: While outdoors, Mag’har orcs have increased flight speed.
- Sympathetic Vigor: The health of the Mag’har orcs’ pets is increased.
- Savage Blood: Poisons, diseases, and curses affect Mag’har orcs for a shorter duration.
Learn more about the orcs of Draenor in our previously released videos:
We’ll have more information on how to recruit these new allies in a future update; for now, those with Battle for Azeroth beta access will be able to create one of these new Allied Races within character creation screen and begin testing.
Which Allied Race will you choose?