World of Warcraft: Dragonflight launches on November 28 at 3pm PT. Set your clock, mark it in your calendar. After playing through Closed Alpha and Beta, but especially Beta, I can tell you that there is nothing more satisfying than Dragonriding. It will change how you feel about flying in Azeroth.
FYI, it takes about 2 hours of gameplay until you unlock Dragonriding (at Waking Shores Chapter 3), and at that point, I recommend to stop completing quests and simply gather all the Dragon Glyphs to unlock all the Dragonriding talents at once. Unless these unlockings gets somehow time-gated, it should take you about 2 hours to collect all the Dragon Glyphs. At that point, you get the full experience of Dragonriding with all talents unlocked.
You can watch my video collecting all Dragon Glyphs (locations in the map) and how to use Dragonriding.
The new expansion includes a brand-new Race/Class: The Dracthyr Evoker; Dragonriding gives you flight almost right out of the gate starting this expansion; New Talent Systems; New Profession Systems; and New customizable HUD.
Explore the Dragon Isles: the Waking Shores, the Ohn’ahran Plains, Azure Span, and Thaldraszus.
Dragonflight Launches on November 28
IRVINE, Calif.—September 29, 2022—The ancestral home of dragonkind is stirring as Blizzard Entertainment today announced Dragonflight, the ninth expansion for the massively multiplayer online role-playing game World of Warcraft®, will be released worldwide on November 28 at 3pm PT.
“Dragonflight was crafted with our incredible community in mind and with the desire to return to what we all love most dearly: the splendor of Azeroth and its characters, with our players cast as heroes,” said World of Warcraft executive producer Holly Longdale. “We invite everyone into this new adventure where we will bask in the landscape of dragons, become a part of their ancient legacy, and watch the secrets of this land unfold together.”
Players will discover the Dragon Isles and explore four new zones—each themed around and revealing more about the ancient dragon aspects—all lovingly crafted by the World of Warcraft development team for veteran and new players alike. As the Dragon Isles awaken, so too do long-forgotten secrets, and players will traverse land and sky as they explore what the Dragon Isles has to offer.
It is here that they will discover the dracthyr, who have emerged from their long slumber to join the fight and will become available to play during the Dragonflight pre-expansion patch for players who prepurchase the expansion. Able to switch between a humanoid visage and a fearsome draconic form, the dracthyr are highly mobile, and their unique Evoker class can specialize in ranged damage-dealing or in aiding their allies as a healer by harnessing the mystical gifts of dragonkind.
Soar through the skies as you master the all-new skill-based art of Dragonriding, which allows players to take to the air on the back of their own Dragon Isles Drake. There are also millions of combinations of appearances available for Drakes, allowing players to make their companion their own as they learn to fly further, longer, and faster throughout their journey.
Players can also express themselves through the new talent system, which allows for creative skill selection at every level so you can play your class however you choose, and through the updated profession system, where players can choose to hone their craft. Alongside the updated Heads-Up Display (HUD) User Interface (UI) system, players may customize both the look and feel of their World of Warcraft experience through the game itself in more ways than ever before.
On November 28, Dragonflight will release with eight dungeons, four of which can be taken on with friends as players build toward the new level cap of 70, while the remaining four can be tackled in the end-game. The first raid of the expansion, Vault of the Incarnates, will be unlocked—at all difficulty levels—on December 13.
Dragonflight is available for digital pre-purchase as a Base edition ($49.99 SRP), Heroic edition ($69.99 SRP), and Epic edition ($89.99). Each digital edition includes one or more items for players to celebrate joining forces with the dragonflights as they reclaim their lost realm:
Base Edition: Includes Drakks, as a pre-purchase bonus pet to accompany you on your quests.
Heroic Edition: Includes Drakks, as a pre-purchase bonus pet, the new Murkastrasza pet, a Dragonflight-level character boost (level 60), and a new Tangled Dreamweaver flying mount to soar on.
Epic Edition: Includes all Base and Heroic items, the Timewalker’s Hearthstone effect, the Diadem of the Spell-keeper head-slot transmog, the Wings of Awakening back-slot transmog in five color variants, and 30 days of game time.
The expansion is also available for pre-purchase as a boxed Collector’s Set: in addition to an Epic edition digital key, players can explore Dragonflight’s visual development with the Art of Dragonflight hardcover book, upgrade their set-up with the powerful visage of an Alexstrasza mousepad, and add iconic representations of Azeroth’s five primary dragon flights in a five-pin collector’s set. The Collector’s Set is available for pre-order on the Official Blizzard Gear Store at https://gear.blizzard.com/collections/world-of-warcraft.
An active subscription is required to play World of Warcraft.
Following a period of calamity for the world of Azeroth, long-forgotten forces are stirring in the mythical Dragon Isles, the ancestral home of dragonkind. World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight™, the ninth expansion for Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game, sends players to this fabled land and ushers in a new era of high-fantasy adventure.
As long-dormant forces begin to stir in their sacred homeland, the dragons of Azeroth—at times both allies and adversaries of the mortal races—call on the heroes of the Alliance and Horde to help reckon with the looming threats and ancient mysteries on the verge of awakening.
- DISCOVER THE DRAGON ISLES—Journey to the new level cap of 70 and explore the primordial wonder and ancient secrets of the Dragon Isles across four new zones: the roiling Waking Shores; the vast Ohn’ahran Plains; the stark Azure Span; and ancient, majestic Thaldraszus.
- NEW RACE/CLASS COMBO— Menace your foes (or empower your allies) as a Dracthyr Evoker, WoW’s first ever race/class combo. Design both humanoid and draconic forms, pick between the Alliance and Horde, and venture forth as a healer (Preservation specialization) or ranged damage-dealer (Devastation specialization) that harnesses the collective might of all dragonkind.
- SOAR THROUGH THE SKIES—Dragonriding, an all-new method of aerial movement, allows you to take to the skies atop a Dragon Isles Drake, which you will befriend in each of the four new zones as you level up. Customize your drakes as you progress, collecting more appearance options and unlocking new abilities that will enable them to fly farther and faster.
- NEW TALENT SYSTEM—With this complete overhaul, you’ll be able to make creative and flavorful talent choices at every level without compromising your effectiveness.
- NEW PROFESSION SYSTEM UPDATES—Crafters rejoice! We’re introducing player-driven work orders, new profession equipment, and an all-new specialization system, and more to help you become the artisan renowned through the realm.
- NEW HUD UI—Get ready for a fully updated and customizable Heads Up Display (HUD) User Interface (UI) that’s been created with contemporary displays in mind, designed to be effective, attractive, and accessible.
Hope you enjoyed this article. Please, support Blizzplanet via PayPal or Patreon, and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitch for daily Blizzard games news updates.