Shadowmourne was always one of my dream weapons in World of Warcraft. Though I thought it would be even more awesome to get in RL instead of having it ingame. So… I just build it!
Material was the following:
– 0.4mm PVC foil for the Pepakura model
– Worbla (shops are linked on my page: https://www.kamuicosplay.com/links/
– Balsa wood and a wooden staff for the core
– Digital LED RGB strip (WS2812B chip with 60 LEDs, Trinket Pro 5V, Powerboost 500c and LiPo Battery with 6600mAh from www.adafruit.com
– Parquet foam insolation as a diffusing material
Also a huge shout out to Jon McPhalen for helping me with the programming and to Charlie for my awesome new YouTube intro.
Check out Adafruit for all their amazing products: https://www.adafruit.com/
For more micro-controller programming please look forward to one of my future books about advanced costume LEDs. 🙂