KamuiCosplay posted a step-by-step video tutorial showing the crafting of her Shadowmourne axe and the addition of LED lights and cabling in its interior.
Check out my Cosplay Crafting Books if you wanna learn this stuff: https://www.kamuicosplay.com/store/
Shadowmourne was always one of my dream weapons in World of Warcraft. Though I thought it would be even more awesome to get in RL instead of having it ingame. So… I just build it!
Material was the following:
– 0.4mm PVC foil for the Pepakura model
– Worbla (shops are linked on my page: https://www.kamuicosplay.com/links/
– Balsa wood and a wooden staff for the core
– Digital LED RGB strip (WS2812B chip with 60 LEDs, Trinket Pro 5V, Powerboost 500c and LiPo Battery with 6600mAh from www.adafruit.com
– Parquet foam insolation as a diffusing material
Also a huge shout out to Jon McPhalen for helping me with the programming and to Charlie for my awesome new YouTube intro.
Check out Adafruit for all their amazing products: https://www.adafruit.com/
For more micro-controller programming please look forward to one of my future books about advanced costume LEDs. 🙂