Blizzard Entertainment released the second part of the Legion Audio Drama “The Tomb of Sargeras.” Part 2: “Old Friends,” continues the meeting between Khadgar and Maiev. There are some bit of lore in that meeting. Read the transcript here while you listen to the audio drama.
LORE BITS (Spoilers)
1. Maiev blames Khadgar for Cordana’s betrayal to the Burning Legion, and states Cordana sent reports to Maiev during the Warlords of Draenor campaign talking bad about Khadgar’s decisions and arrogance.
2. Maiev makes reference to Khadgar’s past behavior in Outland (Burning Crusade).
3. Curiously, Maiev says Ner’zhul took some of the power in The Tomb of Sargeras, and Illidan took the rest. (UPDATE: Robert Brooks confirmed this is in reference to Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal. Teron Gorefiend was sent to Azeroth to retrieve four artifacts of power for Ner’zhul. One of the artifacts was taken from the Tomb of Sargeras: the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras).
4. Khadgar is somehow aware that Maiev left behind sister Watchers to die in the Tomb of Sargeras (Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne).
5. Maiev says every remnant of power once stored in the Tomb of Sargeras is now contained within Illidan.
6. Tomb of Sargeras is located in the Isle of Thal’dranath.
7. The Kirin Tor cleared out the naga presence in the Tomb of Sargeras years ago. All powerful artifacts left over at the Tomb of Sargeras after Illidan left it, was given for safekeeping to The Vault of Watchers by the Kirin Tor (It’s unknown when this happened. Seems to have happened long before World of Warcraft vanilla).
8. The Kirin Tor placed arcane locks and wards in the Tomb of Sargeras to lock adventurers or evil out. Gul’dan broke the seals.
9. Khadgar fought AU-Gul’dan in the Tomb of Sargeras. His effort to defeat Gul’dan before the opening of the portal for the Burning Legion was a failure.
|Tomb of Sargeras:||Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4|