Blizzard announced the Race Change service is finally available to all players who wish to change from Blood Elf to Undead (for example) or from Human to Draenei. The point of this service is to change your race within your own faction. This service won’t change you from Alliance to Horde and viceversa. That’s a different service. Your race change costs $ 25.00 plus the applicable tax.
Can you pick just any class? That’s the tricky part. Make sure the race you wish to change to is compatible with your class. This might change when Cataclysm goes live, but for now if you are a Blood Elf Paladin and you wish to change to Undead, that won’t be possible since the Undead race has no paladin class.
The Race Change service lets you change a character’s race to another race within their faction. The full range of customization options offered by the Character Re-Customization service is included as well. Each race change costs $25.00 USD.
Things to know before you start:
- Under normal conditions, a race change should be ready immediately after rendering payment and completing the steps in this process.
- You can select a new character race only from those in the same faction that have the character’s class available. You cannot change a character’s class.
- A character’s current home city reputation level will switch values with their new home city, and their home city racial mounts will convert to those of their new race. Refer to the Race Change Translation Table for more details.
- A realm transfer is not included in a race change.
- A character can change races once every 3 days.
- Please refer to the Character Race Change FAQ for answers to common questions about this service.
|The new World of Warcraft Race Change service is now live. After purchasing a Race Change for a character, a player can choose any race of their same faction that is compatible with the character|