Back on July, Cesar approached me with an idea of a layout for Blizzplanet. It has taken him longer to get it together due to his busy schedule. However, I’ll install the theme as is.
Originally, when he showed me this theme he was in love with it because it displays well on mobile devices, and it has the latest features. We’ll be experimenting several days until his layout is ready.
Apologies if you see broken stuff, and work-in-progress changes in the meantime.
Wuzzup, folks? It’s time for some World of WarCraft: Stormrage Giveaways — courtesy of Pocket Books (a Simon & Schuster, Inc. division). If you haven’t gotten your hands on this novel that reveals the true origin of the Emerald Nightmare and the return of Malfurion Stormrage’s dreamform to his mortal body then you may wish to participate and test your luck among the winners.
Eligible participants must do the following steps to qualify for the giveaway:
1. Post in the comments below or email an answer for: What do you look forward in World of WarCraft: Stormrage?
2. Take a screenshot of your character standing alongside Tyrande Whisperwind (Alliance). Or a screenshot with Remulos in the Moonglade (Horde). Both are characters appearing in this novel. Attach or link the screenshot and email it.
Non-World of Warcraft players: For # 2, launch your favorite Blizzard game and type onscreen: I LOVE WORLD OF WARCRAFT: STORMRAGE, then take a screenshot of that with your Pint Screen button.
Deadline: Wednesday, March 10th, 2010 at 11:59pm EST/New York. Winners will be announced on Thursday, March 11th, 2010.
These are the winners of the Blizzplanet / Swagdog Xmas Gift Giveaway. Winners must redeem the $ 100 Gift Certificate by December 31, 2009. Free shipping included, except for the rare fees and tax on certain countries.
Eit @ Gurubashi
Sapphiria @ Scarlet Crusade
Miriella @ Alleria
Blizzplanet, Worldofwar.net, StarcraftWire.net and Diii.net are going to BlizzCon 2009. I am staff member on those fansites too, so I will be on top of the news for each fansite providing updates from the show floor through our live chat (Cover it Live).
This year I am bringing my own laptop—it’s arriving next week—and my HD Video camera. The reason of this post is to start collecting questions from our fans and visitors in advance. If you have questions for Tom Chilton, J. Allen Brack, and Ghostcrawler about patch 3.3 and future PvP: Battlegrounds and Arena—we want your questions.
If you wish us to ask questions to Jay Wilson about Diablo III or to Dustin Browder about Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty—go ahead. We will very likely meet them in private at the press rooms where only fansites and gaming sites have access. Re-read your questions and polish them the best you can before submitting them.
I already requested an interview spot with Richard A. Knaak and Christie Golden (pending approval) at Blizzcon 2009. I am gathering questions for Richard about World of Warcraft: Stormrage, and Warcraft: Dragons of Outland; and for Christie about Warcraft Legends Vol. 5 (her Draka story)—and I will probably ask Christie if she can talk yet about the untitled trilogy.
You can post your questions below in the comments page, or submit it by email, or via Facebook (under just fans section).
Grabbing all these questions in advance will allow us to focus our efforts on collecting live questions via Cover It Live chat for the developer panels and new game announcements at the show floor.
I will video-interview briefly someone I am so glad to hear will appear at BlizzCon and has openly told me, wants to meet us—however, I am unable to reveal who it is at this point. You will be excited, glad and thrilled. If Blizzard makes the announcement at the show, I will gather questions live for said person.
Eldorian is gathering questions over at Facebook for our possible interviews with Paul Sams, Tom Chilton and Ghostcrawler—at least if we get the chance in our trip to Blizzcon and Blizzard through August 20-22.
If you have questions, please submit them. We will either forward your questions during the live Blizzcon panel Q&As or in an exclusive video interview. These can either be about patch 3.2 or 3.3. However, we will be hopping around during Blizzcon to gather questions after Blizzard has announced the new expansion and gives some details about it—so you will also be able to pop either on facebook or throuogh our live chat to submit questions on the go.
Blizzplanet is proud to announce a giveaway of three BlizzCon 2009 badges courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment. In order to enter our giveaway roster, you must first complete accurately all seven instructions below and submit them via email here.
International entries are welcome (except where certain countries local restrictions apply). This giveaway ends on June 9, 2009 at 11:59pm EST (New York timezone). Winners will be announced the next day. Winners will have only three days to reply back, otherwise someone else will be chosen. Winners should bring their Photo ID (i.e. Passport, Driver’s License) to the VIP booth at the Anaheim Convention Center. The name of the winner must match the photo ID’s. Blizzcon tickets are not transferable.
1. Read Excerpt 4 of World of Warcraft: ARTHAS here. List all the character names mentioned in this excerpt.
2. What was Rathma’s former name? Who christened him with the name Rathma? And What page number it is revealed? —Read the Diablo: The Sin War Trilogy, The Veiled Prophet excerpt. The excerpt link may be found beneath the front cover image (click Browse Inside).
4. Watch our video interview with Chris Metzen and Micky Neilson and describe which question answered you enjoyed the most and why.
5. Register to the Mountain Dew World of Warcraft Game Fuel website. Take a screenshot of your account page, and show at least 300 points. Note: You don’t need to be a World of Warcraft subscriber to participate in this giveaway. You can increase your points by going to all the options available within the How Do I Earn Points? section. Once you reach 300 points take a screenshot and attach it to the email. Note: If you don’t have a screen capture software, you may download XNview to capture images. Once installed go to Tools—> Capture Screen and click ok.
6. Read the four solicitations of StarCraft # 1-4, and write down the character names. Then view the preview scans and let us know what your impression is about the art, the dialogues and general tone of the comic book. Note: WIldstorm and DC Comics are launching Starcraft # 1 on May 27. You may subscribe to the 12-issues here.
7. Provide your WoW Character name or Battle.net screen name (i.e. Starcraft, Warcraft III, Diablo II)—for winners announcement purposes.
Once these six instructions are completed, your entry will be automatically added to the roster of giveaway participants. Incomplete or inaccurate entries will be disqualified.
NOTE: Other Blizzard Fansites have Blizzcon 2009 Ticket GIveaways too:
I am gearing up with a press badge to attend the 2009 New York Comic Con to bring you as many details as possible of all Blizzard Entertainment products to be showcased at the event. The event will take place through February 6-8. Among the companies coming to the New York Comic Con are: Pocket Star Books, Tokyopop, and DC Comics. Sideshow Collectibles, sadly, isn’t coming to the event this year (bottom). I will be in contact with some writers and with Upper Deck to find out if they are attending.
The line-up of products to be most likely showcased are:
World of Warcraft: Arthas
Starcraft: The Dark Templar, Twilight
Warcraft Legends Vol. 3
World of Warcraft: Death Knight
DC Direct World of Warcraft Action Figures
World of Warcraft Comic Book
One Blizzard product in particular I am hoping to hear about—crosses fingers—is the StarCraft Comic Book. My DC Comics contact wouldn’t budge to offer details a few days after Blizzcon 2008. It was revealed in the BlizzCon comic sampler. DC Comics will make an announcement of this comic on 2009. The matter is when. New York Comic Con could be a good candidate for the announcement, as well as San Diego Comic Con (July). It was at the San Diego Comic Con where the World of Warcraft comic book was first announced.
Keith R.A. DeCandido confirmed to be attending the event. I will corner him to get some details of the Starcraft Ghost; Academy trilogy (manga) and the Starcraft Ghost: Spectre (Pocket Star Book). Aaron Rosenberg will be book signing copies of World of Warcraft: Beyond the Dark Portal. Jim Lee (Wildstorm) and Bill Roper (ex-Blizzard North) will be at the event too.
Pocket Star Books will be at booth 1402. Tokyopop at booth 1621 and DC Comics at booth 1641. Grab your tickets online early. They are more expensive on-site.
Open to the Public:
Friday, February 6—1:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Saturday, February 7—10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday, February 8—10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Got any questions for any of those companies about a particular product? Feel free to share your questions to ask them on your behalf.