Riders on the Storm | Warcraft III: Reforged
As Thrall and his companions set out for Kalimdor in their fleet of stolen ships, they are beset in the open seas by a sudden, fierce storm. To prevent the ships from taking a heavy pounding, Thrall orders the fleet to seek shelter in the cove of a nearby, remote island.
Thrall: It was lucky we happened onto this cove. I don’t think our ships would have held out much longer in that storm.
Grunt: Warchief, half of the ships are missing, and the rest are badly damaged.
Thrall: We had better get settled, then. We may be on this island for a while.
Shaman: Warchief, I sense strange magic all around us.
Thrall: Hmmm… There’s the source of your magic. Someone is watching us!
Sen’jin: It is you! I saw your arrival in a vision! Especially you… the Seer. Or is it just my old mind playin’ tricks on me?
Thrall: Looks like this troll’s been on the island a little too long… We’re real enough, old one. My name is Thrall.
Sen’jin: I be Sen’Jin, leader of the trolls. This island used to be ours alone, but no more. You and your friends must be careful; the humans established an outpost on this island some time ago.
Sen’Jin: Yes. They hound us day and night. Their patrols be all over the place. Not be long till they find you too.
Thrall: Well, I’d rather find them first! We can’t risk their patrols’ alerting the outpost about us! Lok-Tar, my brothers! We’re moving out!
Sen’Jin: Good luck, my friend! I got important matters to tend to, but I be seein’ you soon.
- Destroy the Human outpost.
You start with 4 Peons (mining) and 2 Peons (wood), 1 Grunt, 1 Raider, 2 Shamans, 2 Headhunters, and Thrall.
500 Gold – 150 Wood – 17/40 Upkeep.
Build a Grunt
NEW UNIT ACQUIRED
Troll Headhunter – Headhunters are versatile spear-throwers, effective at ranged combat.
Train a Peon.
Send Thrall straight to the west. You will find a Headhunter troll with a quest.
Headhunter: Hey, mon. Sen’Jin told me you help us get rid of the humans! You know, this fountain once healed whoever drink from it, but strange gases from underground been foulin’ the water. With a few ingredients, Sen’Jin can make a purifying potions. Maybe you can help?
- Obtain the Vine of Purification
- Obtain the Seed of Expulsion
- Return both items to the Fountain
That headhunter joins your team. Add him to your subgroup.
Bring Thrall to this location. When you move close to this headhunter, he joins your team, too.
Upgrade the Great Hall into a Stronghold (U) (315 gold / 190 wood).
Build a War Mill (M) (250 gold).
Move Thrall and the troops to the north. You will find 2 Footmen and a Priest (Kul Tiras Marines). Kill the Priest first to prevent healing the footmen.
Make sure to destroy the crates and tents. A tent drops a Tome of Agility: Permanently increases Agility.
Don’t miss the Sasquatch a few yards southwest of those Footmen and Priest. He drops Scroll of the Beast: Gives friendly nearby units 25% bonus to damage for 45 sec.
If you move west from that landing site, you will activate an Optional Quest titled: Defiled Fountain.
Build a Grunt (G).
Kill the two Ogre Warrior level 3 and the Ogre Magi level 5. Then loot the Vine of Purification chest from the ground.
Build a Grunt (G).
Build an Orc Burrow.
Head south of the ogres you killed. You will find 3 Timber Wolf level 2.
Around this time, a Footman and a Rifleman might attack your base from the west.
HINT – Peons can garrison inside Burrows to attack enemy units.
In this spot, there is a river, but you can walk through it to the reach the other side. It is defended by two Footmen (Kul Tiras Marines).
Footman: Hey, it’s the orcs who stole the ships from the mainland! Send for reinforcements!
Build a Grunt (G).
Command your troops to head toward the yellow exclamation mark on the map for the Optional Quest.
Send your troops all the way south to the edge of the coast (9 in the map).
You will encounter 3 Mud Golem level 2. One of them drops Claws of Attack +3: Increases the attack damage of the Hero by 3 when worn.
Go east along the coast, and you will find 3 Gnolls: Gnoll level 1, Gnoll Poacher level 1, and Gnoll Brute level 3 (The Brute drops Potion of Greater Mana: Restores 300 mana when used. Destroy the nearby crate which drops Bracers of Agility: Increases the Agility of the Hero by 1 when worn.
Straight north, you will encounter two Ogre Warrior level 3. One drops Potion of Healing: Heals 250 hit points when used.
Build an Orc Burrow (O).
Around this time the Great Hall completes the Stronghold upgrade. This message appears onscreen:
NEW UNIT AVAILABLE
Demolisher – You may now build Demolishers from the Barracks.
Build a Demolisher (220 gold / 50 wood / 4 Upkeep).
Reaching the Optional Quest next destination, you encounter two Lightning Lizard level 2 and a Thunder Lizard level 6. Loot the Seed of Expulsion chest from the ground.
Now that you have the two items, go to the Defiled Fountain to complete the Optional Quest.
Build a Peon (P). Send him to harvest wood.
Sen’Jin: Hello again, outlanders! These ingredients be exactly what I need.
Sen’Jin: Now our warriors can heal themselves! Let me give you a little something for the trouble. These wards contain healing magic. No doubt you’ll find them useful.
NEW ITEM RECEIVED – Healing Wards
Build a Peon. Send him to harvest wood.
Command a Peon to build a Bestiary (E).
Select the War Mill. Upgrade Steel Unit Armor (A).
Build a Peon. Send him to harvest wood.
Build a Demolisher (D).
Build a Peon (P), and send him to harvest wood.
NEW UNIT AVAILABLE
Raider – You may now build Raiders from the Bestiary.
HINT – Raiders and Demolishers are especially effective at destroying enemy buildings.
By now the Alliance might send 2 Footmen to your base. Make sure to send a few peons into the Orc Burrows — which work like StarCraft’s Terran Bunkers.
HINT – To unload your Peon from the Burrow, select the Burrow and CLICK on the STAND DOWN button in the command card.
Send your troops to kill these two Ogre Warrior level 3 and Ogre Mauler level 5.
Send your troops east of that ogre camp to kill this hidden Mud Golem level 2.
There are two hidden Timber Wolf level 2 by the trees at this location.
Further west of these Timber Wolves you will find another Kul Tiras landing site. Kill the Footman and two Rifleman.
Follow the coastline north, then turn to the west to the next island. You will find a hidden pack of Gnolls behind these trees. The Brute drops Scroll of Healing: the item is consumed on pick up. Restore the health of nearby units.
Now head south to find two ally headhunter trolls who join your team.
Go now to the center of the map, where you will find an isolated island. You will find 2 more headhunter trolls to join your team.
Thrall: These vents are active. The island’s volcano may not stay dormant for long.
Build a Raider (R).
From that island head straight north in the water. You will encounter 3 gnolls at this spot.
Further north, there is a gnoll camp with Gnoll level 1 (3), Gnoll Poacher level 1, and Gnoll Warden level 3 (The Warden drops Tome of Intelligence +2: Permanently increases intelligence).
To the west, behind the trees, you will find a smaller camp with Gnoll Poacher level 1 (2) and Gnoll Brute level 3.
That is the last of the creatures in the map. You are now ready to attack the Kul Tiras Marines Base.
Build some extra Grunts if you wish, but you should be fine.
ATTACKING THE KUL TIRAS MARINES BASE
Archmage: Your insolence astounds me! You ignorant brutes shall only succeed in dying!
HINT – Pillage can be learned at your Great Hall, and gives Peons, Grunts, and Raiders the ability to gather resources by damaging enemy buildings.
Once you have cleared all the enemy units, go straight for the Town Hall, and ignore the other buildings.
MAIN QUEST COMPLETED
Thrall: For the Horde!
Thrall: Watch your backs! This battle’s not over yet!
Sen’Jin: The fish-creatures have come to take us away!
Murloc Sorcerer: Your meddling magics will no longer interfere with our plans, land-dweller.
The numbers of each beast, humanoid, or structure correspond to the numbers displayed in the map image below. Map without numbers here.
- Headhunter – joins your team
- Footman (2) and a Priest. Tent drops Tome of Agility: Permanently increases Agility.
- Sasquatch level 5 (Drops Scroll of the Beast: Gives friendly nearby units 25% bonus to damage for 45 sec).
- Ogre Warrior level 3 (2), Ogre Magi level 5, chest on the ground contains Vine of Purification: Troll legends speak of the cleansing power derived from the berries that grow on this rare vine. This vine hums with energy.
- Timber Wolf level 2 (3)
- Headhunter joins your team. Defiled Fountain of Life (Bring the Vine of Purification and the Seed of Expulsion to complete the optional quest).
- Footman and Rifleman (Kul Tiras Marines).
- Footman (2) (Kul Tiras Marines)
- Mud Golem level 2 (3) (one drops Claws of Attack +3: Increases the attack damage of the Hero by 3 when worn).
- Gnoll level 1, Gnoll Poacher level 1, and Gnoll Brute level 3 (The Brute drops Potion of Greater Mana: Restores 300 mana when used. Destroy the nearby crate which drops Bracers of Agility: Increases the Agility of the Hero by 1 when worn.
- Ogre Warrior level 3 (2) (one drops Potion of Healing: Heals 250 hit points when used.
- Lightning Lizard level 2 (2) and Thunder Lizard level 6 (chest on the ground contains Seed of Expulsion: This seed hums with energy).
- Headhunter (2) — ally trolls join your team (Destroy the 3 nearby crates. One drops Scroll of Protection: Increases the armor of all friendly units in an area around your Hero by 2 for 30 sec.
- Timber Wolf level 2 (2)
- Mud Golem level 2
- Gold Mine (your expansion. Contains 11500 gold)
- Ogre Warrior level 3 (2) and Ogre Mauler level 5.
- Footman and Rifleman (2) (Kul Tiras Marines).
- Gnoll level 1 (2), Gnoll Poacher level 1, and Gnoll Brute level 3 (The Brute drops Scroll of Healing: the item is consumed on pick up. Restore the health of nearby units).
- Headhunter (2) – these two ally trolls join your team.
- Gnoll level 1 (2) and a Gnoll Poacher level 1.
- Gnoll level 1 (3), Gnoll Poacher level 1, and Gnoll Warden level 3 (The Warden drops Tome of Intelligence +2: Permanently increases intelligence).
- Gnoll Poacher level 1 (2) and Gnoll Brute level 3.
- Kul Tiras Marines Base. Random Archmage level 3 Hero: Tenn Flamecaster, Conjurus Rex, Peril Spellbinder, Landazar, or Shal Lightbinder.