The Cult of the Damned | Warcraft III: Reforged
The next day, on the outskirts of Andorhal…
Jaina: Look! It’s those cultists who were with the necromancer! What are they doing to that mine?
Arthas: Let’s not wait to find out! Attack!
Acolyte: Damn these intruders! They must not interfere with the master’s plan!
Arthas: Let’s build a base camp here. With those cultists creeping around, I’d rather not head in there without backup.
Jaina: I couldn’t agree more.
You start with 9 Peasants (5 mining and 4 chopping wood); 3 Footman, 1 Priest, 1 Mortar Team, Arthas and Jaina.
Buildings: Town Hall, Barracks, and 2 Farms.
570 gold – 250 wood – 20/24 Upkeep.
- Explore Andorhal
Build a Footman.
Build a Peasant.
Build a farm.
Build a Blacksmith.
Send Arthas and his troops to kill these Bandits – Enforcer level 5 (3). One drops Potion of Mana: Restores 150 mana when used.
HINT – Increase your gold mining capacity by mining from a newly discovered gold mine.
The second gold mine is marked in the map, but here is a clear screenshot of its location.
HINT – Additional Peasants may help construct a building for a faster build speed.
Send your troops east of the Mine. You will find two Murloc Huntsman level 2.
Build a Lumber Mill near the trees.
Move further east from where the murlocs were.
Build a Rifleman. Set rally point to the entrance facting northwest. That’s where enemies will attack soon.
Select the Town Hall. Upgrade to Keep.
At the bottom-right corner of the map you will encounter a Forest Troll Berserker level 4 and two Forest Troll level 2. One drops Claws of Attack +6: Increases the damage of the Hero by 6 when worn.
Destroy their hut for a Scroll of Protection: Increases the armor of all nearby units in an area around your Hero by 2 for 30 sec.
Build a Rifleman.
Select the Blacksmith building. Upgrade to Black Gunpowder (G): Increases the ranged attack damage of Riflemen, Mortar Teams, Siege Engines and Flying Machines.
Move your troops north. You will find a single Gnoll Poacher level 1 that runs away. Follow him to find his camp. You will encounter a Gnoll Assassin level 3, and Gnoll Poacher level 1 (2). Destroy their hut for a Potion of Healing: Heals 250 hit points when used.
To the left of those gnolls you find a Goblin Merchant building. He sells:
- Scroll of Protection (R): Increases armor of all friendly units in an area around your Hero by 2 for 30 sec.
- Potion of Mana (M): Restores 150 mana when used.
- Wand of Negation (N): Dispels all magical effects in a target area. Contains 3 charges. Deals 200 damage to summoned units.
HINT – You can purchase items from the Goblin Merchant by moving a Hero near it, and then selecting the Goblin Merchant building.
Now head east of the Goblin Merchant to encounter two Mud Golems level 2 and two Rock Golem level 6. Cast Blizzard on them as soon as they pile up against your units, and summon a Water Elemental. One of them drops Ring of Protection +2: Increases the armor of the Hero by 2 when worn.
Straight south of the Rock Golems is a path that leads to a deadend where you will find a Mine. Bring a peasant there to build a Town Hall at the second mine.
Build 4 Peasants with rally point to the second Mine. Once the Town Hall is completed, get them to harvest minerals.
Build 5 farms.
Build a second Barracks.
Select the Blacksmith. Upgrade to Iron Plating (P): Increases the armor of Militia, Footment, Spellbreackers, Knights, Flying Machines and Siege Engines.
Select the Blacksmith. Upgrade to Iron Forged Swords (S): Increases the attack damage of Militia, Footmen, Spellbreakers, Dragonhawk Riders, Gryphon Riders and Knights.
Select the Blacksmith. Upgrade to Studded Leather Armor (A): Increases the armor of Riflemen, Mortar Teams, Dragonhaw Riders and Gryphon Riders.
Select the Lumber Mill. Research Improved Lumber Harvesting (L): Increases the amount of lumber that Peasants can carry.
Select the Lumber Mill. Upgrade to Improved Masonry (M): Increases the armor and hit points of Human buildings.
Build a Farm.
On the west side of the Goblin Merchant, there is a Forest Troll Berserker level 4 and two Forest Troll level 2.
Build a Rifleman.
Build a Farm.
Build an Altar of Kings (A).
Build 2 Rifleman.
Build 2 Footman.
Attack the Undead Scourge base located here. This is the only route to explore Andorhal, as the main bridge is broken.
After the Undead Scourge base is destroyed, enter Andorhal.
Kel’Thuzad: Hello again, children. I am Kel’Thuzad, and I’ve come to deliver a warning. Leave well enough alone. Your curiosity will be the death of you.
Arthas: Are you responsible for this plague, necromancer? Is this cult your doing?
Kel’Thuzad: Yes, I ordered the Cult of the Damned to distribute the plagued grain. But the sole credit is not mine.
Jaina: What do you mean?
Kel’Thuzad: I serve the dreadlord Mal’Ganis. He commands the Scourge that will cleanse this land and establish a paradise of eternal darkness!
Arthas: And what exactly is this Scourge meant to cleanse?
Kel’Thuzad: Why, the living, of course. His plan is already in motion. Seek him out at Stratholme if you need further proof.
MAIN QUEST COMPLETED
A couple of Ghouls will attack you. A red exclamation mark shows you where to find Kel’Thuzad — further east.
- Find Kel’Thuzad
Arthas: All the granaries are empty! The shipments have already been sent out. We’re too late!
Build an Arcane Sanctum.
Two more Ghouls destroy a nearby Barracks in Andorhal. Kill them.
Destroy a cage — located in the left side of the fountain. The cage drops a Ring of Superiority: Increases the Strength, Agility and Intelligence of the Hero by 1 when worn.
Build a Mortar Team at the Workshop.
Build 2 Rifleman.
Move north toward the exit gate of Andorhal and not far north, by the river, you will find a second Goblin Merchant. It sells:
- Scroll of Protection (R): Increases the armor of all friendly units in an area around your Hero by 2 for 30 sec.
- Potion of Healing (P): Heals 250 hit points when used.
- Scroll of Healing (H): Heals 150 hit points to all friendly non-mechanical units around the Hero when used.
There are two Ghouls guarding the entrance to Kel’Thuzad’s base.
Build a Farm.
Enter Kel’Thuzad’s base. There are 5 Abominations and 1 Ghoul. The Abominations have 648 hit points/armor 2. They do 33-39 damage each. You can either test if you can handle it, or wait until you have at least 2-3 Priests to help with the healing. Up to you.
This comp was enough to handle them.
- Footman x 7
- Rifleman x 7
- Priest x 1
- Mortar Team x 1
Cast Blizzard on the Abominations, and micro-manage your Footman if any goes too low health. Use Holy Light to keep them alive. Have the priest near the footmen to keep up auto-casting heals on them.
Now engage Kel’Thuzad.
MAIN QUEST COMPLETED
Kel’Thuzad: Naive fool. My death will make little difference in the long run. For, now, the scourging of this land… begins.
- Enforcer level 5 (3). Drops Potion of Mana: Restores 150 mana when used.
- Murloc Huntsman level 2 (2).
- Forest Troll Berserker level 4. Forest Troll level 2 (2). Drop Claws of Attack +6: Increases the damage of the Hero by 6 when worn. Destroy the hut for a Scroll of Protection: Increases the armor of all nearby units in an area around your Hero by 2 for 30 sec.
- Gnoll Poacher level 1.
- Gnoll Assassin level 3. Gnoll Poacher level 1 (2). Destroy the hut for a Potion of Healing: Heals 250 hit points when used.
- Rock Golem level 6 (2). Mud Golem level 2 (2). One drops Ring of Protection +2: Increases the armor of the Hero by 2 when worn.
- Forest Troll Berserker level 4. Forest Troll level 2 (2).
- Murloc Nightcrawler level 3 (2). Murloc Huntsman level 2. Murloc Tiderunner level 1. One drops Potion of Mana: Restores 150 mana when used.
- Undead Scourge Base: Skeleton Warrior x 3. Necromancer. Ghoul x 1+. Acolyte x 5. The amount of units might vary depending whether the team that attacks your base is inside or in progress to be formed
- Ghouls (2) on the left side and Ghouls (2) on the right side near a Barracks. Destroy the cage near the fountain to loot Ring of Superiority: Increases the Strength, Agility, and Intelligence of the Hero by 1 when worn.
- Ghoul (2).
- Abomination (5). Ghoul (1). Kel’Thuzad.