Tyrande Whisperwind: I cannot go back.
Elder Watcher: Your quest is foolhardy! Even your goddess has condemned the one you seek to free!
- Locate Illidan’s prison
- Tyrande Whisperwind must survive
The Watcher level 4 (wildkin) and 2 Wardens attack Tyrande’s forces.
Go north. Ignore all the crates in this area as they are all empty except for a Skeleton Archer level 1 that spawns from one, and another that has a rat. Instead, go straight through the bridge to kill these three Watcher level 4 wildkin. Fight them on the bridge (with Tyrande in front) so that it serves as a bottleneck (protecting the archers). Destroy their crates for a Healing Wards: Summons an immovable ward that heals 2% of nearby friendly non-mechanical unit’s hit points per sec. Contains 3 charges. Lasts 30 sec.
Step on the Circle of Power below those 3 wildkin. You need to step on two of those Circle of Power (not simultaneously, though) to unlock a gate for the next area.
Go back to where Tyrande spawned. Now head south and kill the Sentry, then destroy the Dungeon Gate.
A level 1 rock elemental spawns near the gate. Kill the 3 Mystics in this room.
You might think this room is empty otherwise, but upon close inspection there is a Dungeon Gate leading to a smaller room with a Mystic.
Click on the Book of Summoning Pedestal. It drops a Tome of Knowledge: Permanently increases Strength, Agility and Intelligence by 1.
Go back outside. You can ignore the next room as it only has a crate that spawns a Skeleton Archer level 1. Instead kill the Warden by the tables.
Kill the Sentry, past the arch, and destroy the Dungeon Gate.
Approach the Huntress and two Archer prisoners to claim them into your team.
Head north to step on the Circle of Power.
A message appears onscreen: The gate has been opened.
Go back where Tyrande started post-cutscene. Now go west and past the newly opened gate.
Go south of the gate, and kill these 3 Sentry (Sleepers).
Destroy the Dungeon Gate — left of those 3 sleeping sentries and enter that cell. This triggers a dialogue:
Tyrande: A cache of the Watchers’ weapons! These should help us considerably!
HINT – Your Huntresses have acquired magical Glaives. Their attacks will now ricochet between multiple targets.
Head north to kill the Elder Watcher level 6. There are two cells here:
- LEFT CELL: A Burning Archer and two Skeleton Archers spawn from the bones. The treasure chest with a Ring of Regeneration: Increases the Hero’s hit point regeneration by 2 hit points per sec.
- RIGHT CELL: 3 spider level 1. 3 Archers trapped in web. The egg sack spawns 2 Giant Spiders level 4. The archers join your team.
To the north, there are two Prison Cells:
- (LEFT) — Loki (a wolf level 2), a Huntress and 2 Archers — join your team. There are 3 crates. The one in the center drops Periapt of Vitality: Increases the hit points of the Hero by 150 when worn. The crate above spawns a War Golem level 3. The crate below spawns a Skeleton Archer.
- (RIGHT) — Warden.
Careful moving north. A dialogue starts:
Tyrande Whisperwind: The treants move to block my path! Only a powerful druid could command such creatures!
Note: 4 Treants attack you.
Go north to enter the Way Gate.
To the south, you will find a Fountain of Health. At the bottom-right corner, you will find a hidden treasure chest behind a tree — Gauntlets of Ogre Strength: Increases the Strength of the Hero by 3.
Go south to loot these two treasure chests. Both treasure chests have Goblin Land Mines (3) each.
A Burning Archer and 3 Skeleton Archer level 1 unburrow near the cages.
- Goblin Land Mines: Places a hidden land mine at a target point. Enemy units that move near the land mine will activate the mine, destroying the mine and causing area of effect damage to nearby units. Contains 3 charges.
Tyrande Whisperwind: These explosive devices look to be of goblin design. The wily creatures must have hidden them here long ago. No matter, I’ll make good use of them.
Stop here to enter a secret area hidden behind the trees.
That Circle of Power teleports you to this secret room.
SECRET DISCOVERED – You have found the Shrine of the Uberfish.
The left and right Circle of Power teleports you to the previous Circle of Power.
Loot the treasure chest to obtain a Mantle of Intelligence: Increases the intelligence of the Hero by 3.
Coughs… there is an actual fish beneath the treasure chest.
Go back to the main road. 5 Watchers level 4 run counter-clockwise around the park. Place some Goblin Land Mines along the path, and lure one Watcher south — away from the others running his path. Usually, each goblin mine kills a Watcher. The long range arrows finish them in a second.
Ignore all the crates around this park. These are all empty. Kill the 2 Wardens.
Not far north, there are two Watchers level 4 (wildkin) — one on the left, and one on the right of the hallway.
Now comes the final fight against Califax (keeper of the grove level 3) and two Elder Watcher level 6, and an Ancient Watcher level 8.
Keeper of the Grove: Hold, Priestess! This place is forbidden, even to one such as you. There is a terrible evil here that must remain chained beneath the earth.
Tyrande Whisperwind: Illidan was considered a great hero once. I believe he will become one again.
Keeper of the Grove: Madness! You would doom us all by freeing the Betrayer!
The way to go here is to create a bottleneck so that none of the bulky wildkin is able to get through, and your archers can focus fire. Also, lay all your mines in their pathing while they chase you south. The wildkin die almost instantly to the goblin mines.
MAIN QUEST UPDATE
Tyrande Whisperwind: Illidan! Is that you?
Illidan Stormrage: Tyrande… it is your voice! After all these ages spent in darkness, your voice is like the pure light of the moon upon my mind.
Tyrande Whisperwind: The Legion has returned, Illidan. Your people have need of you once more.
Illidan Stormrage: Because I once cared for you, Tyrande, I will hunt down the demons. But I will never owe our people anything!
Tyrande Whisperwind: Then let us hurry back to the surface! The demons’ corruption spreads with every second we waste!
Illidan Stormrage: It has been an eternity, brother. An eternity spent in darkness!
Malfurion Stormrage: Illidan! You were sentenced to pay for your sins, nothing more!
Illidan Stormrage: And who were you to judge me? We fought the demons side by side, if you recall!
Tyrande Whisperwind: Enough of this, both of you! What is done is done! My love, with Illidan’s help, we will drive the demons back once again and save what is left of our beloved land!
Malfurion Stormrage: Have you even considered the cost, Tyrande? This betrayer’s aid may doom us all before the end. I will have nothing to do with this.
- Kobold Tunneler level 3. Kobold level 1 (4) — drops Potion of Healing: Heals 250 hit points.
- Elder Wendingo level 6. Wendigo level 4 — drops Scroll of Healing: Heals 150 hit points to all friendly non-mechanical units around the Hero.
- Broodmother level 6. Spider level 1 (2).
- Broodmother level 6. Spider level 1 (2).
- Skeleton Warrior (5). Frost Revenant level 4.
- Frost Revenant level 4. Skeletal Marskman level 3 (2) — drops Wand of Lightning Shield: Allows the Hero to cast Lightning Shield on a target unit. Lightning Shield surrounds a unit with electricity, dealing 20 damage per sec to nearby units. Contains 3 charges. Lasts 20 sec.
- Treasure Chest — drops Potion of Greater Healing: Heals 500 hit points.
- Spider level 1 (3). Jimmy the Seal — drops Manual of Health: Permanent +50 hit points.
- Giant Spider level 4. Spider level 1 — drops Spider Ring: Increases the Agility of the Hero by 1.
- Spitting Spider level 3. Spider level 1 (3). Egg Sacks (3) — an egg sack drops Scroll of Healing: Heals 150 hit points to all friendly non-mechanical units around the Hero.
- Cast Force of Nature on the Mushrooms to access The Largest Panda Ever level 10 — drops Necklace of Spell Immunity: Renders the Hero invulnerable to magic.
- Brood Mother level 6 (2). Several Egg Sacks. Some of the egg sacks spawn Spitting Spider level 3 which apply poison.
- Furbolg Chieftain (Optional Quest giver)
- Watchers: Skeletal Marksman level 3. Skeleton Archer level 1 (2).
- Ghost level 3 (3).
- Thunder Lizard level 6. Lightining Lizard level 2 (3).
- Cutscene: Door to Illidan’s Prison.
- Sludge Monstrosity level 5.
- Wraith level 6. Skeletal Marksman level 3 (2).
- Kobold Geomancer level 3 (2). Kobold level 1 (3).
- Sludge Monstrosity level 5 — drops Wand of Negation: Dispels all magical effects in a target area. Contains 3 charges. Deals 200 damage to summoned units. 21b — use Force of Nature on the mushrooms above the Sludge Monstrosity. Move Malfurion to where the mushrooms were. From there cast Force of Nature on the mushrooms on the other side of the river. Move the treants toward the Way Gate. The Ursa Warrior (Command Aura + War Stomp) and Shamans (lightning bolt and rejuvenation) join your team.
- Destroy mushrooms to access area — kill Skeleton Warriors (2) behind the mushrooms, then go west to kill Skeletal Marksman level 3 (3). Skeleton Warriors (2). Skeletal Archers (3) — drops Scroll of Healing: Heals 150 hit points to all friendly non-mechanical units around the Hero.
- Ice Revenant level 8. Skeleton Archers (4) — drops Robe of the Magi: Increases the intelligence of the Hero by 6.
- Elder Watcher level 6. Watcher level 4 (2) — drops Claws of Attack: Increases the attack damage of the Hero by 9.
- Skeleton Marksman level 3 (2). Skeleton Archers (2) — drops Scroll of Healing: Heals 150 hit points to all friendly non-mechanical units around the Hero.
- Black Dragon Whelp level 3 (4)
- Giant Spider level 4. Druid of the Claw.
- Spitting Spider level 3. Spider level 1 (2).
- Sludge Minion level 1 (2). Sludge Flinger level 3 — drops Wand of the Wind: Allows the Hero to cast Cyclone. Cyclone tosses a target enemy unit into the air, rendering it unable to attack, move or cast spells. Contains 3 charges. Lasts 20 sec.
- Dungeon Gate — destroy it.
- Brood Mother level 6. Spitting Spider level 3 — drops Potion of Mana: Restores 150 mana.
- Sludge Flinger level 3.
- Sludge Monstrosity level 5. Sludge Flinger level 3. Sludge Minion level 1 (2).
- Circle of Power.
- Watcher level 4 (3 Wildkins). Destroy their crates for a Healing Wards: Summons an immovable ward that heals 2% of nearby friendly non-mechanical unit’s hit points per sec. Contains 3 charges. Lasts 30 sec. Enter the Circle of Power.
- Mystic (3).
- Mystic. Book of Summoning Pedestal drops Tome of Knowledge: Permanently increases the Strength, Agility and Intellect by 1.
- Prisoners: Huntress. Archer (2) — join your team.
- Sentry (3) — sleeping. Destroy the Dungeon Gate and enter the cache room (this unlocks Huntresses to ricochet their glaive weapons).
- Elder Watcher level 6. Two prison cells: (left) contains a Ring of Regeneration: Increases the Hero’s hit point regeneration by 2 hit points per sec; (right) Spider level 1 (3). Egg Sack. Prisoners: Archer (3). Giant Spider level 4 (2) spawns from the egg sacks.
- Two prison cells: (Left) Loki level 2 (a wolf), Huntress, Archer — join your team. Crates: One spawns a Skeleton Archer, a Battle Golem level 3, and a Periapt of Vitality: Increases the hit points of the Hero by 150 when worn. (Right) Warden.
- Treant (4) spawn to attack your forces.
- Way Gate (entrance).
- Way Gate (destination).
- Fountain of Health. Hidden behind a tree in the bottom-right corner — Gauntlets of Ogre Strength: Increases the Strength of the Hero by 3.
- Burning Archer level 3. Skeleton Archer level 1 (3). Both treasure chests have Goblin Land Mines (3) each. Goblin Land Mines: Places a hidden land mine at a target point. Enemy units that move near the land mine will activate the mine, destroying the mine and causing area of effect damage to nearby units. Contains 3 charges.
- Behind these trees, there is a path to a Circle of Power that teleports you to #51.
- Shrine of the Uberfish (secret room).
- Watcher level 4 (5) — running counter-clockwise around the park.
- Warden (2).
- Watcher level 4 (2).
- Califax (keeper of the grove level 3). Elder Watcher level 6. Ancient Watcher level 8.
- Illidan Stormrage